Monday, November 15, 2010

For all my art friends...this is the dealio.....Prints and Cards

Websites for Photographers


For all my art friends...this is the dealio.....I stumbled upon this site Fine Art America. I saw another artist was selling her art through there. You upload a picture of your piece and they tell you how big they can go in print size with the pixels you have. They charge a flat fee for the cards, giclees, prints and framed prints and then you set the mark up. After that you are out of the loop. They do the printing, shipping, customer service etc. The money goes into your paypal account and you are paid once a month. I figured it can't hurt and maybe some people can buy some prints and cards that they can afford and I can receive some residual income to support myself as I focus on painting and creating new pieces. You retain all your rights to your art throughout. You can sign up for free but I think you may be limited to 25 images with the free account. If you upgrade, you can upload an unlimited amount of images, you get thrown into the google feeds and you can throw your ticket into the ring for Disney Licensing. I upgraded. I have been on it for a few weeks now and upload images when I get a chance. All my sales have been through people I have already engaged with through facebook, blogging or ebay but I have gotten a lot of hits from all over the world. This is what I have learned so far. Love Carrie

6 comments:

  1. Also shipping seems to be more timely than with zazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie - thanks for sharing the info - I was just researching the site to see what the particulars are. It would be nice to have the residual income and focus on the original work! I appreciate you taking out your time to share :) Here's to your well-deserved continued success

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for these tips, Carrie. Your generosity and sharing with others is heartwarming and will come back twofold and more! Will continue to keep my eye on the prints, cards, and originals. Taking notes, too..:) (Elaina)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie thanks for sharing this. I will have to check it out. Love your art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carrie. You explained some things I was wondering about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all you share. I am going to put art there too . This is so convenient.

    ReplyDelete