Friday, May 1, 2009


Well this is how she turned out... The yellow part of the tree is decorative paper which I spiced up a bit with some paint. The background is the sheet music (it's dated 1917!). The celtic symbols in the foreground are also made of paper. I knew I wanted to use the red ribbon with gold stars but I added it later because it was so delicate and subtle. As you can see there is an owl in the tree which is a common symbol for Athena - signifying wisdom.
This piece is a visual prayer for democracy, wisdom and America and I really enjoyed creating it. She will be available at http://www.primandwhimsy.com/ probably by midnight tonight. She was my contribution for our May Gallery Hop.












I kept the sides sort of rough and distressed looking to keep with the feel of the painting. I used a dark blue and then loosely painted some white stars all around the edges.

















Don't forget to check out our Gallery Hop!


You will be able to buy handmade art directly from our artists.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie,
    Love the new painting! Thanks for the solidarity about the creative endeavour!

    ReplyDelete