Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh back to work I go!

Secret Garden
16 x 20
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday!  Christmas was wonderful here, although I was hoping we would get some snow.  I painted so much in December that it was strange to not create for the last week.  I cleared my creative throat yesterday and got back into the swing of things.  Felt good to get back to work!


This is another painting I am working on right now.  She has a soft, distressed, sort of shabby feel.  It is hard to see in this photo but her face is made of rough blocks of color.  I think I am going to leave it like that- I usually do a smooth over layer but I am feeling sort of "rough and beautiful"  we'll see.  I haven't filled in the foreground yet.  I just love the background it has such a raw, romantic feeling.  I hope to have her up for auction tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment