Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Liberty Bell - It's Time To Ring Again




Last year in an antique store I found this old sheet music for this song, Liberty Bell - It's Time To Ring Again. I bought it thinking it would be good for a mixed media painting. My fiancee and I were on a holiday weekend; the last time we were going to be together for a year because he was leaving for Afghanistan with the National Guard--so it seemed an appropriate choice. I forgot about it for the last year. Today I pulled out some red ribbon with gold stars and this sheet music and it all started to come together. I am thinking I will do something with Athena the city goddess of Athens; the world's first known democracy..... A tribute to democracy, America and wisdom. Just kind of brainstorming here - I will let you all know how it goes.


























No comments:

Post a Comment