Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

With all the women and mothers I paint I had to take some time and acknowledge Mother's Day!  Thank you to all the mothers out there!   Where would our world be without you?!!?
I have always loved this picture- I want to use it for a painting because I think the harmony of the composition is excellent.

I totally thiefed these pix from my Mom's house.   She always asks - do you have those pictures where I have long dirty hair ha ha.  What a fat baby I was!   She swore I was the cutest and that the nurses didn't want to let me leave the hospital.  Do all mothers say that?   I think so.

 When she had me she was so young and a highschool dropout. The picture here is us at her University of Tennesse College Graduation where she graduated with a 4.0.    By the time I was 9 she was an attorney.   College and Law School.   I always saw what we didn't have but the older I get the more I realize how amazing that was and how much she gave me through her example.  

Christmas and I got a baby doll!!!  I guess I always was attracted to the beauty of motherhood!
Mom cut her long hippy hair.
Isn't she beautiful!




16 x 20 Acrylic on Canvas
I could say a lot about this painting but I think I will save it for tomorrow's post.

Happy Mother's Day and Thank You Mothers everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing, and your paintings looks beautiful, I love the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete